Friday, September 19, 2014

What day is it?

I'm pretty sure it's Friday, but it feels like Monday.

I think the busyness of last week has finally caught up with me now at the end of this week, and my body and brain are telling me that I need rest. My 8am class felt like it lasted for an eternity and I remember very little from it except for going off on a mental tangent about faith. Even now, sitting in my 9am class, I'm finding it very difficult to stay awake, let alone focus. 
Coffee is helping, but not as much as I'd like. This is one of the downsides of ADHD; when I'm tired, focusing is the single most difficult thing for me to do.

So, naturally, I'm blogging. Of course I'm taking notes, but the two are existing in-between each other, like fingers that have become entwined. It's difficult to keep my mind from wandering, so blogging gives it a direction to wander in. Sometimes, that's the only thing I can do; I can't stop my mind from going, but I can give it a direction to go in. That's how some of my coolest things have come about, be them drawings, writings, videos, "inventions" or DIY projects, various ideas, etc. If I wasn't so concerned about taking notes, I'd be playing around in Linux while I listen to the lecture.

I just want to go to work, where I can listen to music and drink coffee while playing with computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment