Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I've posted a blog entry, and I thought it might be time to get back into the swing of writing again. Sometimes, my attention becomes preoccupied with things unforeseen and five months later (today) I find myself in the busy hubbub of life saying, "Hey, I haven't written a blog post since February!" This is not to say that I regret not blogging; these last five months have been a crazy adventure and a time of closure (things I will write about). However, I do find it ironic that my last entry talked about why I enjoy writing: the outlet, the release, the freedom of honest expression. So, while this entry will be rather short, more will follow.

One thing that has greatly encouraged me these past several months is God's consistent nature. He is loving, just, forgiving, and merciful. He is patient and kind, and He longs for the people He created to return to Him. He longs for His kids to be well. He calls me "son," and no matter what life may bring or how much my wanderlust may get the best of me, He always welcomes the prodigal home. Since my post about pneumonia, God has been steadily working in my heart, drawing out impurities so that I can be further refined into what He wants me to be. It's a process that has been incredible, incredibly frustrating, and incredibly humbling all at the same time.

Here are two quotes that have encouraged me in recent months.

"Breathe in, breathe out. Stay strong. It's what I tell myself. These scars stay close; they try and remind. To smile back, it's in the past, I left it all behind. I'm loved, I'm alive." -Worthwhile, "Unlovable"

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." -Hebrews 13:5


Until I write a little more, here is a picture of Maya to brighten the day! Isn't she beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment