Friday, August 7, 2015

[This is Music] Song of the Day: Messy Masterpiece

There are a few reasons why I chose this to be my song of the day, but right now I need its encouragement to remind me that despite how messed up I am, I'm still loved immeasurably by the God of the universe. Even aside from anxiety and depression, it's so easy to get down on myself for the mistakes I make on a daily basis: the things I think that shouldn't really be passing through my mind, the way I look at people, the things I sometimes mutter under my breath in frustration, or even the attitudes I hold toward certain things. Yet, "As you look upon your messy masterpiece, my heart beats one step ahead of my feet."

Hopefully you can be as encouraged by this as I am.

Lyrics:

Son, you are my song, let's hear something beautiful.
As you look upon your messy masterpiece, my heart beats one step ahead of my feet.
"No guilt in life, no fear in death; from life's first cry to final breath;
No power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from my Father's hand."

Love of the Father is the only hope for a wayward son.
Blood and water paved the painful road home, done.
Grace and mercy come with every single morning dawn.
This heavenly heartbeat's the only reason I can carry on.

Kid, see yourself through your Father's eyes;
It's not the same shade as the world cries.

I confess, I don't know much about love;
Where it's from is just so high above.
But until my time arrives, love is the reason I'm alive.
Son, you are my song, let's hear something beautiful.
As you look upon your messy masterpiece, my heart beats one step ahead of my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment